Procedure for Dismissing Pupils
Children in Two Year Old Provision, Foundation Unit and in Key Stage 1 must be collected from the classroom door. Children in Key Stage 2 may be collected from the playground.
Our procedure has been written to ensure that all pupils are dismissed at the end of the day/session safely into the hands of known adults.
- Each child can only be collected by known adults on the contact list
- In emergencies staff will seek advice of Headteacher or Deputy
- Under no circumstances will looked after children and pupils with a child protection plan be released to anyone not on a pick up list, without consulting Headteacher or Deputy first
- Young people under the age of 16 are not allowed to pick up
- Children cannot go with friends’ parents/neighbours/ relatives unless the parent has given permission, verbally or in writing. E.G going back to a friends, lives next door, uncle etc
- Children cannot be released to unknown adults even if giving a plausible explanation as to whom they are and the child knows them. If we don’t know you, you cannot take the pupil
- If an unknown or known adult presents themselves, the pupil should remain on site while we telephone parent/ carer and confirm arrangements.
- Y6 pupils can walk home if prior written permission is obtained. This only applies to normal school finish time of 3.25pm, Y6 pupils must be collected from after school activities.
- If a child is uncollected, they will be taken to the office. After 15 minutes, a telephone call will be made to parents. The child may be taken back to class if the delay is significant.
- If a child is uncollected after 30 minutes, and parents are not contactable, the Headteacher or Deputy will be notified and may make a referral to Social Care.
- Staff cannot take the pupils home themselves