Summer 2 2020
Hello Year 4, still missing you a lot and hope you are well.
Miss Sheridan, Mrs Clarke and Mr Morgan are getting on with things in school, making sure that everything is ready for when you can come back.
I hope you have all had a chance to complete some of the online work or some of the work packs that we gave out. The work packs are changed every week and can be picked up from the reception area in school. I am updating the online work every 2 weeks. It is important that you keep up your home-learning while we can't be with you.
As we have not been able to complete any of the Rivers work, for Summer 1, we are going to carry this on into Summer 2.
- Mon – Read pages 2 & 3 and answer the questions. If you could go on an aeroplane to visit any place in the world, where would you go and why?
- Tues – Read pages 4 and 5 and answer the questions. There is nothing about rowing boats in this section. Can you write a paragraph about rowing boats and how they are powered?
- Weds – Read pages 6 to 9 and answer the questions. Imagine you are on the train, describe your journey through the city.
- Thurs – Read pages 12 and 13 and answer the questions. Trains can be very dangerous. Write a warning poster about being around trains.
- Fri – Read pages 14 & 15 and answer the questions. Look at the pictures of the worksite, use your best descriptive words to write a setting description.
- Mon – Read to the end of page 17 and answer the questions. One of the trucks is carrying a whole house! How is it able to do that? Explain why it can carry a house in America but it couldn’t carry your house.
- Tues - Read to the end of page 21 and answer the questions. They talk about helicopters in this part. Tell me about 3 different jobs that helicopters do to help us.
- Weds - Read to the end of page 25 and answer the questions. This part is about travelling on the water. Explain to me why it is important, particularly for people living in Wirral, to learn how to swim.
- Thurs - Read to the end of page 27 and answer the questions. Recently, 2 American astronauts flew to space to join others on the ISS (International Space Station) Write a diary, taking on the role of an astronaut, about a day on the ISS.
- Fri - Read to the end of the book and answer the questions. Are there any forms of transport that they missed out that you’d like to write about e.g. skateboards, motorbikes, airships, hovercrafts. Try writing a paragraph about them.
Drawing a Beach: Can you draw a beach scene? DRAWING A BEACH
Drawing a Dolphin: Can you draw a dolphin? DRAWING A DOLPHIN
Drawing a Seahorse: Can you draw a beautiful seahorse? DRAWING SEAHORSES
Drawing an Underwater Scene: Can you draw an underwater scene? DRAWING AN UNDERWATER SCENE
Year 4 Teacher
Year 4 Teaching Assistant
Year 4 Teacher