Remote Learning Update
7th January 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
Since the Government’s announcement of another national lockdown on Monday night, we have worked hard to establish a new system of home learning via paper packs and our digital learning platform, Google Classroom.
All pupils will be given the same, full curriculum, whether working from home or in school. For children at home, they are expected to complete remote learning during normal school hours, to the best of their ability and return work to the teacher for marking.
Children can interact with their teachers via Google Classroom to ask questions or for support, or receive feedback on work completed. You should ensure that your child’s use of the internet is monitored closely, with suitable parental controls in place.
All children have been given logins to access Google Classroom, and there is a parent and child YouTube tutorial on our website. If your child needs reminding of their Google Classroom login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have internet access, paper work packs can be collected and completed work returned Fridays between 3pm and 4pm from the playground.
Those pupils that were given laptops last term will be expected to use them for home learning.
Weekly phone calls from the class teacher or teaching assistant will be made to discuss the week’s learning and progress. For pupils considered vulnerable, further phone calls from senior staff will also be made.
Teachers are planning on making video calls via Google Meet in the coming weeks, and we will publish more information in this respect on our website and the school app.
We ask that you avoid making visits to the school office main entrance, but if this is necessary, please continue to wear a mask on arrival at school and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Finally, we are able to apply for increased home data to ensure your child can work remotely through your or their mobile device. This scheme is open to children and young people who:
- Do not have access to a fixed broadband connection
- Cannot afford the additional data needed to access educational resources or social care services
- Have access to a mobile device that uses a participating network
- Are facing disruption to their face-to-face education, or have been advised not to attend school
The following networks are offering this:
- Virgin Mobile
- Tesco Mobile
- Sky Mobile
To request extra mobile data, you will need to provide us by email to email@example.com with the following information:
- The account holder’s full name
- The account holder’s mobile number (a number beginning with ‘07’)
- The account holder’s mobile network
- Whether the account holder pays monthly or pay as you go
- Confirmation that there is not a fixed broadband connection at home
- Confirmation that the account holder has read our Privacy Notice on the website and consents to the school sharing the information with the Department for Education and any other associated bodies.
Please note that this information must be emailed to the school office, we will not be able to take the details over the telephone.
Mrs Richards, Headteacher