Welcome to Year 5 (Autumn 2)
Just a few reminders for this year:
- PE is on a Thursday
- Can all children please have their PE kit in school – white t-shirt, black shorts, black pumps
- Reading book and log must be handed in EVERY day
- Jumpers/cardigans, PE kit and coats must be clearly labelled
Additional Learning at Home:
Use 'Hit the Button' to work on your times table targets. Don't forget that you need to learn your division facts too!
Log in to Bug Club to complete some additional reading at home. How many coins can you earn today?
- Homework will be given out on a Monday. This will include English and Maths homework.
- Homework must be handed in on a Thursday.
- Spellings will be given out on a Monday.
- Spellings must be learnt and handed in on a Friday.
- Spellings are personalised to the children so it is important that they spend time learning them.
- Spellings will be tested on a Friday.
- Children must bring their reading book and log into school EVERY day.
- All children have a target of reading to an adult at home 4 times per week.
- Reading logs will be checked on a Monday and reward stickers will be given to all children who have met their target.
This term's topic is 'Living Things and their Habitats'. To find out about the range of living organisms and the habitats they live in, try the hyperlinks below...
During this half term, our topic will be 'Our European Neighbours.'
Look out for your project!
And if you would like to do some extra learning, follow the hyperlinks below...
Year 5 Class Teacher (Wed - Fri)
Year 5 Class Teacher (Mon & Tue)
Year 5 Teaching Assistant