- PE is on a Monday
- Reading book and log must be handed in EVERY day
- Reading Logs checked on a Monday
- Homework project given once a half term (details below)
- Spelling tests are on Tuesdays
Additional Learning at Home:
Children are able to access reading materials catered to their specific reading level on Bug Club. They have their own individual log in and can choose a book from here to read at home as well as their home reader.
Children should be accessing TT Rockstars at least once a week as timetables are a fundamental skill throughout life and play a big part of our maths lessons. Again, children have their own log ins to access at home.
Children can use hit the button to improve their fluency in core maths skills such as addition and subtraction. It comes in the form of a game so is a great way to learn and have fun at the same time.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday. This will include English and Maths homework.
- Homework must be handed in on a Wednesday.
- Spellings will be given out on a Tuesdays.
- Spellings must be learnt and handed in as part of your homework.
- Spellings will be tested on a Tuesday.
- Children must bring their reading book and log into school EVERY day.
- All children have a target of reading to an adult at home 5 times per week.
- Reading logs will be checked on a Monday and dojos will be given to all children who have met their target.
- Please ensure any vocabulary is noted that the children may not be sure of so we can evaluate in school
- If children do not have a book or have finished their book they are to read one of their own or log onto bug club and note what they have read into their reading log.
Year 5 Class Teacher