Welcome to Year 5 (Autumn 1)
The summer holidays have flown, it feels like I have blinked and we're already back in school. I am looking forward to what I know is going to be a great year with a fantastic bunch of children who I know will work very hard. Below I have provided the key information to refer back to over the course of the year.
- PE is on a Tuesday
- Reading book and log must be handed in EVERY day
- Reading Logs checked on a Monday
- Homework due in on Wednesdays
- Spelling tests are on Fridays
Additional Learning at Home:
Children are able to access reading materials catered to their specific reading level on Bug Club. They have their own individual log in and can choose a book from here to read at home as well as their home reader.
Children should be accessing TT Rockstars at least once a week as timetables are a fundamental skill throughout life and play a big part of our maths lessons. Again, children have their own log ins to access at home.
Children can use hit the button to improve their fluency in core maths skills such as addition and subtraction. It comes in the form of a game so is a great way to learn and have fun at the same time.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday. This will include English and Maths homework.
- Homework must be handed in on a Wednesday.
- Spellings will be given out on a Fridays.
- Spellings must be learnt and handed in on a Friday.
- Spellings will be tested on a Friday.
- Children must bring their reading book and log into school EVERY day.
- All children have a target of reading to an adult at home 4 times per week.
- Reading logs will be checked on a Monday and dojos will be given to all children who have met their target.
- Please ensure any vocabulary is noted that the children may not be sure of so we can evaluate in school
During this half term, our topic will be 'Marvellous Mayans'. Look out for your project! And if you would like to do some extra learning, follow the hyperlinks below...
Year 5 Class Teacher
Year 5 Class Teaching Assistant