02/09/20 Return Arrangements
1st September 2020
1st September 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
Re: September Return to School
We look forward to welcoming all children back to school tomorrow Wednesday 2nd September 2020. Please see useful information below.
- School Starts: 8.55am – entrance via St Anne’s Way. Look for staff with signs
- School ends: 3.25pm
- Gates will be locked at 9am
- Children must wear full school uniform, including shoes, (NO Trainers or pumps)
- Children will stay in a classroom bubble for all learning and meals. They will have the chance to play out at staggered times.
- Breakfast club resumes tomorrow for pupils in F2 – Y6, 8.30am – 8.35am arrival via classroom door. Late arrivals won’t be accepted
- Pupils requiring medication/inhalers in school, please bring to the school office and allow time to complete paperwork
- PE kit – please bring into school in a named bag. Bags will be stored on the back of pupils chairs
- School meals will be a cold packed lunch with limited hot options. School meals will be served in the classroom to keep children in their bubbles.
- Children will be given water to drink in their own named cup (you don’t need to provide a water bottle)
- We cannot accept late packed lunches or PE kit at the school office.
- There are no after school clubs. This will be reviewed in the months to come
2’s, F1 & F2 (new starters)
You will have received a letter in July confirming your child’s visit and official start date.
Pupils having a short visit, please come via the school office.
Your child must not attend school if they or a household member are displaying coronavirus symptoms. The most common symptoms of coronavirus are recent onset of any of the following:
1. a new continuous cough
2. a high temperature
3. a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If your child has symptoms
- If your child displays any symptoms of COVID-19, we would expect you to get them tested for Covid-19 and inform us of the results immediately, before they can return to school
- If your child displays symptoms in school, we will contact you to arrange immediate collection. We will also contact the local Public Health England team to obtain guidance and support on further measures within the school community.
- Please ensure your contact details are up to date as it’s important we can contact you. We will not admit pupils without your phone number.
- For further information about symptoms and self-isolation, please read COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection.
For Covid-19 testing see: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test and https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works
- All children are expected to attend school
- Please get children to school on time, entering via designated drop off points. This helps us to protect al staff and children and keep children within their bubbles.
- It is very important that you call us to report your child’s absence. You can report absence via the 24 hour telephone line or via the new Parentapp’s Connect App.
- As usual, we will not authorise holidays in term time, and it is more important than ever that pupils are not withdrawn from vital learning.
- We expect parents to work with us and follow the guidelines for safety
- New behaviour policy is likely to result in exclusion for unsafe behaviour in school
- We will expect parents to support their children to catch up with school work
Parentapp’s Connect App & Parentpay
- We are going cashless & paperless! Please download the Parentapp if you haven’t already done so – it is a one stop shop for all school information.
- Each child has been issued with a Parentpay activation letter. Details of how to get the app and log in to Parentpay were enclosed with your child’s school report.
We look forward to welcoming pupils back to Cathcart.
With kind regards,
Deborah Richards (Mrs)