Free School Meals during Covid-19
FREE SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS DURING LOCKDOWN 3 (JANUARY 2021)
We have just received notification from the Department for Education that a national supermarket voucher scheme will be offered from next week. Vouchers will be provided to parents/carers as follows:
- For four weeks from week commencing 18th January until February half term
- For children in Foundation 2 to Year 6 that are at home and are entitled to free school meals
- Vouchers will be sent to the main parent or carer’s email address from Edenred
- The value of the vouchers is £15 per child per week
- We will distribute one voucher of £60 per child for the full four weeks
- Instructions on redeeming the vouchers are on our school website
We will contact you again next week once the instruction to distribute the vouchers has been made.
In the meantime, please ensure that the email address we have in our records is correct. If you have changed email address, please update it via Parent App or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if your child is attending school during lockdown and they are entitled to free school meals, you will not receive supermarket vouchers. Instead, your child will receive a meal on the days they attend school, and will be given a school packed lunch for the days they are staying at home.
We have been advised that the supermarket vouchers will not be made available for February half term. For further information on the Government's new winter package to provide further support for children and families, please click here