Free School Meals & School Milk - Pupil Premium
Free School Meals are available to all school aged children if their parent/carer receives ANY of the following:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Claiming is straight-forward - all you will need to hand are yours and your child’s dates of birth, and your National Insurance Number. You can apply in school, from our website, or online at:
Alternatively, you can complete the consent form below, and we can input the information on your behalf. You can either print a copy at home, or call in to request a paper copy from the school office.
Information regarding those who are eligible for Free School Meals is kept strictly confidential at Cathcart Street. All children and families are treated in the same way; there is no difference in the meal provided for a child who has a paid school meal.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
All children in Foundation 2, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a Universal Infant Free School Meal (UIFSM). This does not depend on your household income or whether you receive any benefits – every child in these year groups is eligible to take up the offer.
If your child is in Foundation 2, Year 1 or Year 2, they will receive a UIFSM. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria for free school meals above, it is extremely important that you claim for this. Schools receive Pupil Premium funding from the government for every child that is or has been registered for Free School Meals at any time in the last six years.
For further information on how we use the Pupil Premium Grant at Cathcart Street, please see the Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2018/19 within the 'Data' section of this website.