Foundation Unit - About Us
Here at Cathcart Street we follow the statutory Early Years Foundation Stage framework and plan and assess using Early Years Outcomes. Please see below the areas of the learning.
Areas of Learning
All seven areas of learning will have challenging opportunities for your child to progress at their age and stage of development including:
- Personal, Social and Emotional - Making relationships, self confidence, self awareness and managing feelings and behaviour.
- Communication and Language - Listening and attention, understanding and speaking.
- Physical Development - Moving and handling and health and self care.
- Literacy - Reading and writing.
- Mathematics - Number and space, shape and measure.
- Understanding the World - The world, people and communities and technology,
- Expressive Arts and Design - Exploring and using media and materials and being imaginative
Linked provision will continue this school year. When your child comes into school in the morning in F2 and at the start of each session in F1 am/pm. They will firstly self register and then find their picture for Linked Provision. Their photographs will be at an activity in the classroom. Please join your child at the beginning of the school day with their activity from 8.55am until 9.15am or 12.30pm until 12.45pm for F1 pm session.
All children in Foundation 1 and 2 require a blue book bag to come into school each day.
Each week your child can choose a book to share at home. Shared reading is carried out on a Tuesday in F1 and on a Monday in F2 where your child can swap their book to share and choose another for that week. Please remember your child's shared reading book, red record book and their book bags on this day.
Children in Foundation 2 take part in PE on a Friday morning, so all PE kits need to be in school on this day.
Foundation 2 Teacher
Foundation 1 Teacher (Mon-Thu)
Foundation 1 Teacher (Fri)/Acting Deputy Headteacher
Mrs Di Miceli