EY Foundation Stage - About Us
Here at Cathcart Street we follow the statutory Early Years Foundation Stage framework and plan and assess using Early Years Outcomes. Please see below the areas of the learning.
Areas of Learning
All seven areas of learning will have challenging opportunities for your child to progress in their development including:
- Personal, Social and Emotional - Self Regulation, Managing Self, Building Relationships
- Communication and Language - Listening, Attention and Understanding, Speaking
- Physical Development - Gross Motor Skills, Fine Motor Skills
- Literacy - Comprehension, Word Reading and Writing
- Mathematics - Number, Numerical Patterns
- Understanding the World - Past and Present, People, Culture and Communities, The Natural World
- Expressive Arts and Design - Creating with Materials, Being Imaginative and Expressive.
Linked provision will continue this school year. When your child comes into school they will firstly self register and then find their picture for Linked Provision. Their photographs will be at an activity in the classroom to help start their day.
All children in Foundation 1 and 2 require a blue book bag to come into school each day.
Each week your child can choose a book to share at home. Shared reading is carried out on a Tuesday in F1 and on a Monday in F2 where your child can swap their book to share and choose another for that week. Please remember your child's shared reading book, reading record book and their book bags on this day.
Children in Foundation 2 take part in PE on a Friday morning so all PE kits need to be in school on this day.
Foundation 1 Teacher
Foundation 2 Teacher
Foundation 2 Class Teacher (Fri)
Foundation 2 Teaching Assistant
Foundation 1 Teaching Assistant