Extra Curricular Activities
At Cathcart Street, we offer a wealth of extra curricular activities; lunchtime clubs, and after school sporting activities. We do not currently charge for any enrichment activities.
These activities are delivered with a view to increase the experiences that children have, enabling them to make informed choices. We aim to provide pupils from Year 1 to Year 6 (Foundation 2 during the summer term) with the opportunity to participate in at least one of these activities.
By encouraging participation in extra-curricular activities we:
- Enable children to sample a range of activities and pursuits that will help them choose leisure activities for later life;
- Enable children to have fun and enjoy a broad range of activities;
- Enable children to extend their enjoyment of particular areas of learning through more indepth study and activity;
- Encourage children to develop friendships between age groups and work together cooperatively.
We currently offer the following lunchtime extra curricular activities:
- Monday - Board Games with Mrs Bennett / KS1 Choir with Mrs Tickell (for more information above choir, please click here)
- Tuesday - Gardening with Miss Bell
- Wednesday - KS2 Choir with Mrs Tickell (for more information about choir, please click here)
- Thursday - Knitting with Mrs Standing
- Friday - ICT with Mr Morgan