COVID-19 Parent Protocol
Arrangements for the start and end of the school day
The following measures based on guidance from the Government and Local Authority have been implemented to ensure that safe distances are being maintained. We request that only 1 adult and no siblings, accompanies your child to school to minimise adult to adult contacts.
- Pupils must be dropped off and collected from the allocated drop off and collection areas at these specific times. Please familiarise yourself with these arrangements prior to return.
F1 – Usual entrance to Foundation from St Anne’s St at 9am, pick up at 12
F2 – Usual entrance to Foundation from St Anne’s St at 9:15am, pick up at 3:15pm
Y1 – Entrance from St Anne’s St through double gates onto main playground at 9:00am, pick up at 3:00pm
Y6 – Entrance from St Anne’s St through double gates onto main playground at 9:15am, pick up at 3:15pm
Key Worker/Vulnerable children - Entrance from St Anne’s St through double gates onto main playground at 8:30am, pick up at 3:25pm
- Please adhere to standing on the 2m markers on arrival and wait until your child is invited to come into the building. There must be no gatherings of adults to socialise on the playground or at the school gates.
- On arrival your child’s temperature will be checked using an infrared thermometer. Where your child’s temperature falls outside normal boundaries, you will need to take your child home.
- On collection wait on the 2m markers and your child will be called one at a time.
- There will be no acceptance of late entry, including lunch boxes being dropped off via the main school office. Children will be provided with a school lunch and parents charged.
- If you need to pass on messages, please phone or send a note in with your child. Staffing may be different for some pupils as returning classes will be split into smaller groups.
- If you need to speak to a member of staff, please phone and an appointment will be arranged, as no ‘dropping in’ will be allowed. Only 1 person in the Reception foyer at a time, otherwise please wait outside on the 2m markers.
- Parents MUST update their telephone contacts, and we MUST have at least 3 emergency contact details in case of emergency e.g. school closure.
- As soon as your child is home wash hands straight away with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not allow your child to play out at home with children who are not in your household (even if with classmates).
- Children must wear clean clothes every day. Therefore, uniform or own clothes may be worn during this phased return.
- Please do not send your child to school if you have a member of your household shielding.
As per the current NHS and government advice, you should keep your child at home if they develop coronavirus symptoms for a period of seven days. Symptoms include a high temperature or a new, continuous cough. Where symptoms continue after seven days, or begin to worsen, you should call 111. If someone in your child’s household has symptoms, your child must self-isolate for 14 days from the day the other person’s symptoms started. This is because it can take 14 days for symptoms to appear. More information regarding symptoms and actions can be found on the NHS website (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/).
If you think your child may have been exposed to or has coronavirus, please contact the school on 0151 647 7349 at the earliest opportunity.