At Cathcart Street we have the very highest aspirations for all of our children. The most important aim of our curriculum is to diminish the impact of social disadvantage and provide equality of opportunity for our children. So that our children can thrive, we must equip them with the values and confidence to live safe, happy, healthy and fulfilling lives, and provide them with the academic and personal skills to succeed.
The knowledge based curriculum is broad and balanced with as many first hand opportunities as possible. The curriculum is sequenced coherently with clear progression and content cover with emphasis on knowing and remembering more.
Our children will leave with a knowledge and skills base; understanding how these fit within the real world.
Key features of our curriculum:
- Is underpinned by rationale for our children
- Subjects are discipline based
- Has clear progression and end points.
- Is ambitious, rich and has first-hand purposeful experiences
- Embeds and displays our Cathcart Values for Life
- Has a local, national and international dimension
- Is engaging, motivating and creative
Our school teaches the 2014 National Curriculum. If you would like to find out more information, please follow on the link below: