Welcome to Year 3!
Year 3 will be coming back together as one class for the rest of the summer term with Miss Lloyd as their teacher! We will have Mr Clark joining us to support our lessons along with Mrs Davies in the mornings and Mrs Grabe in the afternoons. We may even have Miss Sheridan supporting some groups of children in the afternoons.
Our topic this term is 'The Roman invasion'! We have lots of exciting things planned.
We plan to:
- Learning about Julius Caesar's invasion and the spread of the Roman Empire.
- What life was like back then.
- The Romans influence on modern day Britain.
- Lots of art work like making shields, mosaics and illustrations of Roman soldiers.
- Reading and writing in Roman numerals.
We are also going to be focussing on our Known Facts. You all know your target and you can use these websites to help you at home.
Spellings – Given out on a Friday. Must be learnt and the Look, Cover, Say, Write, Check sheet. A spelling test will take place on the following Friday.
Maths and English homework – Given out on a Friday. Must be completed and handed in on a Thursday. If you do not understand your homework, you must ask by Monday.
Reading – Every child in Year 3 has a target of reading to an adult at home four times per week. An adult must make a record each time of the date, book and pages read. Each entry must be signed by an adult. Reading logs will be checked every Monday. Children will receive a ‘Well Done’ sticker and house points if they meet their target and a ‘Warning’ sticker if they don’t.
- Reading books and logs must be brought to school every day
- PE is on a Wednesday.
Miss E Lloyd
Mrs A Davies
Mrs N Grabe