Year 4 Spring Term 2018
Happy New Year!!
Welcome back to school after the Christmas Holiday
Our PE day is Tuesday with black shorts/leggings/tracksuit bottoms, a white top and black pumps.
You must read your reading book every day, and bring it into school.
All your clothes need to be labelled so that we have no mix up!
You will get 3 pieces of homework a week.
- Monday: English homework which must be handed in on Wednesday.
- Wednesday: Maths homework which must be handed in on Friday.
- Friday: You will receive your spellings. You have a week to learn these before being tested the following Friday and then receiving new spellings.
Should anyone not finish their homework, children will complete it during lunchtime homework clubs, unless children are already attending after-school homework clubs.
- You must read your reading book every day. If you haven't read your reading book, reading your Bug Club book is acceptable.
- All children must read at home at least 4 times a week.
- Rewards for consistent reading will be given out and reading logs will be checked.
Nearly half way through the school year, and our new topic is Rainforests.
We will be having lots of fun learning about the various Rainforests throughout the world, the different kinds and the wide range of animals and other living creatures that can be found there. We will have interesting visitors to help us learn about this!!
Below are some great children's sites where you can do some pre-learning:
In Science, we will be learning about Living Creatures and their habitats part of this, we will lean about how all the different living creatures are grouped and classified, and how they have adapted to suit the environment they live in.
Below are some hyperlinks that you can use to complete some pre-learning.
Miss L Sheridan
Year 4 Class Teacher
Mr L Morgan
Year 4 Teaching Assistant