Year 4 Autumn Term 2017
Welcome to Year 4
Welcome back to school after the half term holiday.
Our PE day is Tuesday with black shorts/leggings/tracksuit bottoms, a white top and black pumps.
You must read your reading book every day, and bring it into school.
All your clothes need to be labelled so that we have no mix up!
You will get 3 pieces of homework a week.
- Monday: English homework which must be handed in on Wednesday.
- Wednesday: Maths homework which must be handed in on Friday.
- Friday: You will receive your spellings. You have a week to learn these before being tested the following Friday and then receiving new spellings.
Should anyone not finish their homework, children will complete it during lunchtime homework clubs, unless children are already attending after-school homework clubs.
- You must read your reading book every day. If you haven't read your reading book, reading your Bug Club book is acceptable.
- All children must read at home at least 4 times a week.
- Rewards for consistent reading will be given out and reading logs will be checked.
So now that the Ancient Greeks is completed, we are developing our geographical skills and learning about the European country of SPAIN!
We will be having lots of fun learning about the country of Spain and how it compares to the UK. We will be researching the Spanish capital city of Madrid and looking at some of its attractions.
Below are some great children's sites where you can do some pre-learning:
In Science, we will be learning about Humans (including Animals), about how our digestive system works, how our teeth are structured and about the food chains that support us.
Below are some hyperlinks that you can use to complete some pre-learning.
Miss L Sheridan
Year 4 Class Teacher
Mr L Morgan
Year 4 Teaching Assistant